Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Selena Gomez has a horrible voice!

First of all, I would like to apologize for not blogging last night. I had the worst migraine I have ever had. It kept me up all night. But that isn't what I'm here to talk about. Selena Gomez is what I'm here to talk about. I don't have as much to say about her as I did about Taylor Swift. I mean, Selena isn't as bad as her. In fact, there are a lot of things I like about Selena. We can all agree that she is very beautiful. The only person I have ever known to not think that she is beautiful is my boyfriend. He said that she looks like a little girl and that's unattractive to him. I think he may have been overdoing it a little. What I'm here to say is that while Selena is pretty and has done a lot for charities, she does not deserve to be in a recording studio. She should focus on her acting career. When I first saw Selena Gomez on "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody", I didn't know her name, but I knew that she was pretty and that her acting needed a little work. In my own opinion, she was overacting. Then, I saw her on her own show, "Wizards of Waverly Place". I have only seen a few episodes of the show, and from what I can tell, it was nothing like I thought it would be. I happen to like witches, wizards, vampires, werewolves, anything supernatural...but that show makes a mockery of all of it. It makes it all kid-like, which is to be expected because it's on the Disney Channel, but I didn't think it would be that bad! I was fully convinced that Selena Gomez had no talent and should be taken out of show business. A couple weeks ago, I was at my local Redbox and saw that they had the movie "Monte Carlo" in it. So, being curious about what the hell it was about, I decided to check it out. Surprisingly, Gomez did a very good job in it. I hadn't seen any of her acting since I stopped watching the Disney Channel when I was younger, so I guess I hadn't put much thought into the fact that Selena could've worked on her acting and now she's actually good at it. She portrays two different people, one being a small-town girl saving up all her money to go to Paris, and the other a snobby rich girl who thinks of no one but herself. Two completely different people, right? Well, she pulled it off. At first, I didn't even know it was Selena who played the snobby girl. She did a really great job.

So, now you all know that I'm not a complete heartless bitch. Now, let's get on to the bashing! To the right you can see Selena singing her hit, "Love You Like A Love Song". If you haven't heard her music, I suggest you go to youtube and look up some of her songs. Then look up some of them live. Trust me, you will be able to hear a gigantic difference. The autotune her voice so much in the recording studio it's not even funny. She not only can't hit her high notes live, she can't hit her low notes either! It's an absolute train wreck! I can't see how she gets ANY awards ever! I get that some of her songs have a good message in them....well, I only know of one song that has a good message. "Who Says," has to be her best song, and it's only because of the message. I've heard her sing it live, and it's not terrible, but it's not great either. Like I said: no high notes, no low notes. If you would like to see for yourself, check out these two sites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzE1mX4Px0I&ob=av2e and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_gsLkxv5VI . The first one is obviously the music video and the second one is live. I can get that a lot of little girls would love Selena's music because it's upbeat and easy to dance to. I also know that Selena is very pretty, so of course little girls are going to want to look like her and act like her. What I don't get are all the teenagers - and even moms! - who are out there loving Selena's music. If you are going to like music, like music that is actually good, please. Also, if I could talk to Hollywood and everyone who makes people famous, I would have A LOT to say. Things like, "Please, please, please, pick singers who can actually sing! If they can sing on a CD, but can't sing live exactly like they sound on the CD, then they aren't really singers. Also, quit making people famous just because they're drop-dead-gorgeous. What does that do to every little girl out there who doesn't look like those famous girls?? It makes them insecure! So, stop!"

In the end, Selena really needs to quit her music career - because it's HORRIBLE - and she needs to focus more on her acting, which still needs a little work. Although it's pretty good, she should still work on her facial expressions. No one looks as though they are about to cry when surprised.
SELENA : Realize that your voice is not worthy enough of being on a CD. Pay attention to how bad you sound when you can't even hit notes that "you" do on your CD's. EVERYONE can hear it, it's just that your fans are just too blind by seeing you in person, and every other star out there doesn't want to say anything to hurt you or make them seem bad. Your acting is pretty alright, stick to that. I would love it if you would quit performing...at least live, that is. Lipsync if you must, but please just quit making us listen to your actual voice. =]

~Oblivious

No comments:

Post a Comment